© Reuters. Adobe urges users patch Flash after malware attack; shares –
- Adobe Systems (NASDAQ:ADBE) urges users to patch its Flash multimedia software due to security vulnerabilities.
- Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky Lab reports that hackers used a previously unknown Flash weakness to plant malware on October 10.
- Targets included politicians, bloggers, reporters, and activists tied to Middle Eastern politics.
- The FinSpy malware used is a commercial product used by law enforcement and government agencies for surveillance.
- Adobe has released a patch to fix the problem. The company plans to retire Flash completely by 2020.
- Adobe shares are down 2.51%.
- Cybersecurity ETFs: HACK, CIBR, HAKK.
- Now read: Adobe: Digitally Transformed In The Cloud